Running during Puasa Month of Ramadhan

Running during the puasa month can be very challenging. You need to make sure you are fully hydrated or you will lose it after only a few kilometers. Other than that you must make sure that you eat light during berbuka. Running during the puasa month this year is a first for me since I only started running last September. The first time doing it I totally felt dehydrated afterwards. My body was aching the next you woke up for sahur and felt weak. Second time doing it, my body already adapted. I made sure that I drank at least 1 litre of water during and before sahur. But Educity Sundown Running Clinic that I just attended last weekend (27/6/2015) was a different matter. It's the first time I had to run over 6km at night during the puasa month. I ate too much during berbuka and as a result I felt really bloated and had difficulty in keeping pace with the 6mins/km pacer. The Nasi Ambeng was too delicious to waste..hehe.. :) .. So lesson two.. Eat light during breaking fast. Chocolate, banana etc.. and drink a lot of water. Although normally, it was the correct pace for me, I just felt up to my chest 5km into the run.. I had to walk at times and ended up with a 7.12 mins/km pace.. Oh whatever. The clinic started at around 9pm and I was late and we had to run about half an hour after that. I clocked 11.67km despite all the short breathness.

Edan Syah and Jolene Hong - Athlete's Circle Athletic Club

Edan Syah and Jolene Hong - Athlete's Circle Athletic Club

Edan Syah and Jolene from Athlete's Circle briefing the participants about the exercise that we all had to do that night. I missed this and indiscriminately joining Andrew's group.


Johor - Educity Sundown 2015 runners
Can you pick me out from the group?

This book explains everything about getting the best running form.. Edan my coach went to Miami to learn from Nicholas Romanov, the guru himself about his POSE Method running technique.. The book captures the technique in details.


Share on Google Plus

About Unknown

Fun-loving person with incredible passion for running. A heavy person who lost almost 12kg from running and overcoming the challenges to eat clean.
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.